I have a long track record of working hard for our community. I am an experienced advocate, having worked for years to improve our backyard! I am ready to take my extensive experience to work for all of Anoka County District 2! I understand how to build relationships, engage stakeholders, and listen to our community - I will be a commissioner for the entire community!
As the Director of Customized Training for Anoka Technical College, I understand what drives our economy and what businesses are seeking in employees. I have firsthand experience in preparing workers of all ages to be productive contributors to our global economy. I will take my knowledge and experience to the board room and ensure that our county does what it is intended to do - Work for US!
My experience includes:
- Director of Customized Training, Anoka Technical College
- Volunteer Firefighter - Ham Lake Fire Department
- Spring Lake Park High / Blaine High School mentor and scholarship sponsor
- Sponsor of Anoka Technical College's Noel Lutsey Scholarship - As the President of the Honor Society and Student Senate I worked hard on behalf of my fellow students. Established a food shelf and partnered with a church in Ham Lake to bring in supplies monthly. I succeeded in leading the college in sustainability efforts by creating motorcycle parking. I established a clothing shelf, was the All-American Scholarship recipient, and fought for the rights of students to sit on college committees including committees related to technology fees and hiring.
- Chain of Lakes Church Stewardship Committee & Church Elder
- Feed My Starving Children volunteer
- Blaine-Ham Lake Rotary member and former president; Rotary STRIVE High School Mentor
- Stepping Stone Emergency Housing volunteer
- HOPE 4 Youth volunteer
- HOPE Place volunteer
- Director of Anoka County Annual Career Fair